Mendeley is a free reference manager tool from Elsevier to help you organize your research. You can access Mendeley from an online digital library on any computer, and from a desktop manager. It can be used to:
- Create and manage citations of books, articles, videos, and more
- Import citations from databases
- Automatically extract metadata from imported PDFs
- Collaborate with other researchers online
- Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
- Highlight and annotate papers and share those notes with others
- Organize using groups, tags, and filters
Mendeley Desktop is available on Mac, Windows and Linux. Mendeley Web functions on all major browsers. Mobile versions of Mendeley are available for iPad, iPhone and Android devices. Sign up for Mendeley by visiting: https://www.mendeley.com/join
With NAU's Mendeley Institutional account you get:
- 5 GB of personal space in Mendeley (vs. 2 GB with the free, unaffiliated version)
- 20 GB of shared space (vs. 100 MB with a free account)
- the ability create an unlimited number of shared groups with up to 25 members
Access our subscription:
- Sign in to your Mendeley account, or create an account if you do not have one.
- If you did not use your NAU email to set up your Mendeley account, go into settings and change your email to use your NAU email address, this will add you to the NAU institutional account after 24 hours.
*Note: Log in to the NAU VPN when trying to use Mendeley from off campus in order to access the NAU institutional account.
For more information, please see the Mendeley Research Guide from Cline Library.