How to decide which keywords to use when searching the article databases-
Identify the key concepts about your topic:
- Think of words to express your topic.
- Consider alternative words.
- Think about the words the author may use.
Example: I want to research whether advertising effects childrens food choices.
Keywords: food, advertising, children
- Combine your concepts with AND to narrow your search.
- Combine your concepts with OR to broaden your search.
food AND advertising AND children
This type of search returns fewer and more specific results
food OR advertising OR children
This type of search returns many results
If you have trouble finding articles, you can brainstorm alternate words for your concepts. Consider synonyms, alternative spellings, variant endings (e.g., health, healthy, healthier, etc.) and acronyms.
||Computers in advertising