The Cline Library Student Custodial Aide position is integral to providing the clean, neat and comfortable environment of the library that attracts students to study and do research there. Student employees work at a highly independent level following established guidelines, working primarily during late night and weekend hours. They must be reliable and able to provide outstanding service to library staff and patrons.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean restrooms. Empty trash; restock soap, toilet paper, paper towels; sweep the floor; mop spills; clean sinks, counters, and mirrors.
- Empty trash and recycling throughout the library; replace trash bin liners; take collected trash to the dumpster.
- Clean glass entrance doors and windows.
- Sweep outside main entrance area.
- Sweep stairwells and floors throughout the building.
- Clean elevators.
- Clean tables, chairs, and walls in the public areas on all floors.
- Follow specific cleaning guidelines and procedures.
- Straighten furniture throughout the library, move broken/damaged furniture from public areas.
- Vacuum/sweep carpet in public areas as needed.
- Clean up spills on floors, carpet, and furniture throughout the building.
- Remove gum from floors, carpet, and furniture.
- Restock custodial closets.
- May be responsible for training other student crew members
- Respond to and assess clean-up requests that can involve bodily fluids (BBP) and refer appropriately if needed.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and coworkers on building issues such as criminal damage and building service issues.
- Ability to complete NAU Bloodborne Pathogens training module and quiz.
- Ability to work independently at all times.
- Must be self-motivated, mature, focused, and dependable. Reliability is a must.
- Detail oriented and able to manage/prioritize tasks and service needs.
- Able to lift tables, chairs and other equipment weighing approximately 30 lbs.
- Able to lift trash bags of approximately 40 lbs up into a commercial refuse dumpster.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work effectively with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work late nights and weekends.
- Experience using cleaning products and equipment following proper guidelines.
- One year of customer service-oriented employment or volunteer work.