A data management plan (DMP) will help you manage your data, meet funder requirements, and help others use your data if shared.
The DMPTool is a web-based tool that helps you construct data management plans using templates that address specific funder requirements.The DMPTool provides a click-through wizard for creating a DMP that complies with funder requirements. It also has direct links to funder websites, help text for answering questions, and data management best practices resources.
In general, a DMP will answer the following questions:
- How the data will be collected
- The type or format of data created
- The expected size of data
- What standards will be used to structure and document the data
- Where the data will be stored, backed up and, if necessary, secured
- How the data will be analyzed
- Where the data will be shared or published and what conditions of re-use will apply. If your data have potential commercial applications, contact NAU Innovations to discuss Intellectual Property Rights issues.